Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

One month!


So while the first week went by very fast, the subsequent three weeks have really dragged on.  This is probably due to the fact that I haven't slept more than 2 hours in a stretch since birth.
Clark is generally a very content baby.  He doesn't cry for no reason and he is pretty easily calmed down with a quick diaper change or a feeding.  Problem? He doesn't like to go more than 2 hours without eating.  Since I'm breast feeding this means I'm tied to the little bear and it makes running errands (or just getting out of the house very difficult).  Plus, while Corey would be happy to help at night there isn't much he can do.

The common new parent advice is "sleep when they sleep", but thats not as easy as they make it sound.  If Clark decides to take a nap somewhere other than in my arms, the two hour countdown begins.  This is the only time I can take a shower, make phone calls, use the bathroom, eat, pay bills, etc.  Plus, how many people can drop off to sleep in a minute anyways? By the time I actually fell asleep I'd have maybe 45 minutes before the chatterbox starts making noises in his sleep signalling wake up is imminent.  And honestly, when you are sleep deprived 45 minutes is worse than no sleep at all. Its like a tease.

He likes to sleep in his swing during the day, but I don't like to sleep when he's in the swing b/c his posture is off and there isn't a monitor in the living room.

I hear that 6 weeks is the "magic time" for babies.  This is when many start sleeping through the night (which is actually 5 hour stretches).

I'd be happy for one 3 hour stretch at night and one 3 hour stretch during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment